Dental implants provide a fixed, permanent solution to missing teeth. In essence it is a substitute for a natural tooth root and grows together with your jaw bone to function like a natural tooth. Once fitted, implants provide the foundation for long-term support of crowns, bridges or dentures.
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a small titanium rod that is gently placed directly into the jawbone to act as the root of a tooth to support one or more crowns, a bridge or a denture.
Whether you have a single tooth missing or no teeth at all, dental implants enable the restoration of a natural smile, improving patient comfort and confidence.
The Advantages of Dental Implants
- Dental implants have been available for many years and modern implants show a success rate of 95%-99% over 15-20 years.
- Dental Implants are the closest thing to looking, feeling and functioning like your natural teeth.
- Dental Implants eliminate painful and irritated gums.
- Improvement of your speech
- Restoring your chewing function so you can enjoy foods you previously found too difficult to eat.
- Dental Implants help stop the progressive bone loss and shrinkage of your jaw bone.
Am I suitable for Dental Implants?
Like any advanced dental treatment, the success of dental implants depends on it being the best treatment for your specific needs. That is why a thorough examination will be carried out, to see if your case is suitable. Occasionally there is not enough bone or it is not healthy enough, therefore without additional treatment it may not be possible to proceed with the implantology treatment.