After one or more teeth have been removed, you will want to do all the right things for the area to speed healing and reduce the risk of infection.
- It is normal for the area to be tender. If you need to, take some ordinary pain killers such as paracetamol.
- After the first 24 hours, you should gently rinse using warm salt water (one teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water). Rinse after every meal and snack to ensure any bits of food is removed from the area where the tooth is missing.
- For the first 24 hours, avoid eating any hot food and avoid smoking.
- Brush your teeth as your would normally to keep your mouth as clean as possible.
- Swelling and a bit of discomfort can occur after the surgery.