Bad Breath can be detrimental to your dental hygiene as well as your overall happiness. Even if you find it embarrassed, we offer a safe place for you to discuss your worries.
What Causes Bad Breath?
Lots of small signs can show that you have bad breath. Have you noticed people stepping away from you when you start to talk? Do people turn their cheek when you kiss them goodbye?
If you think you might have bad breath, there is a simple test that you can do. Just lick the inside of your wrist and sniff – if the smell is bad, you can be fairly sure that your breath is too. Or, ask a very good friend to be absolutely honest with you. But do make sure they are a true friend!
Bad breath can be caused by the following:
- Poor oral hygiene/cleaning
- Eating strongly flavoured foods or drinks
- Smoking & drinking alcohol
- Tooth decay
How Do I Prevent Bad Breath?
- Regular dental check-ups & visits to the hygienist. We advise a visit at least every 6 months.
- Cleaning dentures , orthodontic retainers & appliances daily
- Drinking plenty of water to prevent a dry mouth
- Brushing your tongue daily to remove bacteria.
- Brushing your teeth efficiently twice per day for at least 2 minutes, flossing or use of interdental brushes. We advise changing your tooth brush every 3 months.