Dental implants provide a fixed, permanent solution to missing teeth. At Aloe Vera Dental Studio we show a special interest in complete smile make overs.
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is used to replace a missing tooth & is the closest alternative to a natural tooth. It is made from titanium & placed into the jaw bone underneath the gum line. The area is allowed to heal & integrate with the bone over a few months & a crown is later placed on top.
Whether you have a single tooth missing or no teeth at all, dental implants enable the restoration of a natural smile, improving patient comfort and confidence.
The Advantages of Dental Implants
- Dental implants have been available for many years and modern implants show a success rate of 95%-99% over 15-20 years.
- Dental Implants are the closest thing to looking, feeling and functioning like your natural teeth.
- Dental Implants eliminate painful and irritated gums.
- Improvement of your speech
- Restoring your chewing function so you can enjoy foods you previously found too difficult to eat.
- Dental Implants help stop the progressive bone loss and shrinkage of your jaw bone.
What to Expect
A number of visits will be needed depending on the individual case. Firstly, a Scan & X Rays will be needed to assess the bone health. Bone health can be affected by smoking & poor oral hygiene & will be explained to you fully before any treatment can commence. During these visits X rays, impressions & photos will be taken before placing the implant. Placement of the implant will usually be carried out under local anaesthetic & can take around 2 hours plus depending on the individual case.
You will be given a special mouth rinse, brushing instructions & advised how to take care of the area to aid healing. Regular dental examinations & hygienist visits are recommended to ensure the success of & longevity of the implant.
Am I Suitable For Dental Implants?
Like any advanced dental treatment, the success of dental implants depends on it being the best treatment for your specific needs. That is why a thorough examination will be carried out, to see if your case is suitable. Occasionally there is not enough bone or it is not healthy enough, therefore without additional treatment it may not be possible to proceed with the implantology treatment.